Brisbane City Football Club has enjoyed a successful season both on and off the park in 2015. With the recent appointment of a new Board of Directors and with the ongoing support of our Sponsors and Volunteers, we are planning a big 2016 as the club accelerates its Football and Facilities Development plan.
The recent formulation of the Club’s 5 year strategic plan and the commencement of the implementation of this plan marks the start of an exciting transformation at the club. This transformation will take time and there is a lot of work to do but we have a clear vision of where we want to go and what it will look like when we get there.
The future can only be built on from the past so we wish to thank the contribution of Past Life members, Directors, Committee Members and Volunteers.
Brisbane City Football Club today is a multicultural club, very proud of its origins and history, but wanting to embrace our community and grow the club to produce the very best men and women/boys and girls we can in both a footballing sense and more importantly in a personal sense as well.
We are open for business!
The club wishes to grow its player base to over 1000 players and families by 2020 across all segments of the club ranging from our Kindy Kickers (3’s to 5’s) right through to our Womens and Over 35’s Teams at all levels of playing talent.
Our goal is to provide the very best skilled and qualified coaches we can afford, to provide our children and senior players with the training methodologies and skills they require to develop as footballers.
At a Senior Level, we are a club that has significant goals and aspirations over the next 3 years which will be backed by coaches and support staff of the highest quality. Brisbane City wishes to return to the top of the pile and provide a clear pathway for BCFC developed youth product to develop into our 1st Team and beyond. We wish to proceed deep into the FFA Cup and will soon make significant announcements in this area for 2016 commencing with the announcement of our Senior Coach and Football leader this Saturday evening (22nd August ) at the Club at 5pm.
The Club is fortunate to have the long term support of its Sponsors who are working hand in hand with the Board and our Sub Committees to transform the club in accordance with the Strategic Plan. In 2016, we wish to expand our Sponsor base to 80 and we’d love to hear from your business if you’re interested.
Some of our High Level Aspirations are:
- The education and development of our Coaching staff to the highest levels inclusive of Coach Acquisition as we expand our footprint in the community.
- The Development of state of the art artificial training surfaces at Mark Street to provide an all year, all weather training opportunity for our players. Grant investigations, liaison with Government and project scoping by our Major Projects committee has already commenced. This is a 2016/2017 objective.
- The continued expansion of the clubs Football offerings catering for all members of our community. This will also include the establishment of a FUTSAL club on the clubs grounds, if permitted, tying into our artificial surface aspirations.
- In addition to this we would like to establish a Full Time Goal Keeping Academy and Strikers Academy at the Club in 2016 to build on the progress of 2015.
- The re-development of the clubs pizza area into a modern Al Fresco dining area with facilities for families and children to enjoy the Clubs surrounds.
- The upgrade of all the clubs field lighting over time with CTM Stadium to receive, in time, a new lighting system to take the club to 500 lux capacity. Again, we will work with Government to achieve this objective.
- The upgrade of the club’s dressing rooms and referee facilities over time.
- The eventual re-development of our clubhouse to a modern facility catering to the needs of our members.
To achieve these goals, we need the continued help and support of our members. I am very pleased to report that the culture of volunteering within the club continues to grow.
It will take a mighty effort to achieve our goals and we are confident that we will prevail.
To our coaches, managers and club volunteers, we cannot thankyou enough for your dedication and contribution to Brisbane City Football Club.
To our players and families, you are the centre of why we exist and strive to be our best. Thank you for your support of the Club.
Please remember that the Board of Directors and associated committees are Parents and Volunteers ourselves.
We are working with you, not for you on the success of the Club.
I look forward to seeing you down at the Club. If you have ideas and solutions about how the club can move forward please feel free to email me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Brisbane City Football Club