Brisbane City Football Club was formed as “Gli Azzurri” in 1952 and was originally based at Kedron. The very first President of the Club was Alessandro Rossi who served in that role from 1952 to 1955.
Gli Azzurri started life with a single team of immigrants in the 4th Division and by 1959 was promoted to the 1st Division winning its 1st Grand Final in 1961 and 1st League Title in 1970. Since formation the Club has won 13 League titles, 13 Grand Finals, 12 Qld Cups and 2 National Cups.
In 1977 Brisbane City became the 1st Qld based professional sporting side play in a National competition being the Philips League and went on to win its first National Titles being the Philips Cup in 1977 vs Marconi FC and 1978 vs Adelaide City.
In 1981 Brisbane City became the toast of the National League by opening its new $1m Grandstand and Headquarters at Spencer Park, its home to this day. The Club originally secured Spencer park in 1963 at which time it was a council dump.
In 1986 the Club played its last season in the National Soccer League and returned to the State League after 10 years at the top level. Since then, the Club has won many titles and accolades and continues to be at the forefront of Football in Qld.
Brisbane City is currently the number 1 ranked junior development club in Qld and over the past 5 years has embarked on a capital works program in excess of $1m to expand its fields and restores its facilities with a goal of being one of best in the country. In 2023, we will host a country as an approved FIFA training facility for the Women’s World Cup.